Christina McAnea, UNISON head of health: “HCA is not the only private company queuing up to get a lucrative slice of the NHS budget. Starved for cash hospitals will increasingly go down this route in an attempt to bridge the gap between the rising cost of healthcare and shrinking NHS budgets. However, transparency and accountability […]
Employment outlook still gloomy
UNISON general secretary Dave Prentis co-signs letter from educationalists, teacher and student representatives and environmental/development organisations who are worried by new draft guidelines removing climate change from the national geography curriculum.
Dave Prentis: “Workers will now have their pay pegged to 1% until 2015-16. What does that say about giving people aspirations?”
UNISON warns chancellor over the state of the UK economy
New buildings boost the economy, and can inspire pupils and staff to achieve more, says union
Without action on fuel poverty we are sleepwalking into a very cold and dark future, warns Prentis
Union says the fact that families will be facing the Dickensian dilemma of ‘heat or eat’ in modern Britain is a ‘scandal’
As quarterly figures reveal that the UK economy has gone back into recession, UNISON, is urging the government to ditch the cuts.
- For media enquiries please call one of the following mobile numbers. Please note that we are working from home in line with government guidance. At busy times, it may take longer than usual for us to respond to emails. So if it's urgent, or you need to contact the media team in the evenings or over a weekend, it's always best to call or send a text/WhatsApp message.
- Liz Chinchen M: 07778 158175
- Anthony Barnes M: 07834 864794
- Siobhan Cooley M: 07432 549183
- Fatima Ayad M: 07508 080383