UNISON is one of the largest unions in police and the justice system, with more than 50,000 members.
We protect you so you can focus on protecting others. We help and support individuals, bargain collectively and campaign to protect jobs and services.
Police and justice service group has members working for police forces in England and Wales, the police service in Scotland, the probation service in England, Cafcass and private companies working in police and probation. Find out how the service group works and how we negotiate for better pay and conditions.
Our PIP Helpline offers 24 hour support to police staff members who are involved in incidents which are subject to post-incident procedures.
This section is about the key issues affecting people employed by the police and justice system. Each key issue explains the facts behind the issue, what UNISON is doing and how you can get involved. You will also find news articles, useful resources and events.
- Transfering to the National Probation Service or a DFP
- Coronavirus guidance for police staff in England and Wales
- CRC Staff Transfer Consultation September 2020
- Sodexo pay offer to CRC staff for 2020/21 to 2021/22
- Vote to reject police staff pay freeze 2021
- Police and justice staff pay and conditions
- Cut crime not police
- Privatising police services