UNISON provides quality legal services for employment-related and non-work issues at no extra cost to members and their family. In fact, UNISON provides the broadest range of legal help to union members in the UK.
What do UNISON legal services cover?
- Employment advice
- Personal injury service – covers any accident which happens either outside or in the workplace, including assaults at work and industrial disease claims as well as road traffic accidents and accidents on holiday.
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claims for work-related injury due to a violent crime
- Work-related criminal offences
- Wills – free wills service for members, with reduced rates for family members;
- Conveyancing – discounted for members and their family members;
- Clinical negligence – free screening service to assess a potential legal claim for members affected by clinical negligence for members and their family members.
- Free legal advice on any non-employment issue from UNISON’s lawyers. This service entitles you to receive a 30-minute telephone interview.
UNISON works in partnership with leading specialist personal injury lawyers Thompsons Solicitors to provide essential legal cover for members and their families. If you or a loved one has been injured you can claim with confidence using the UNISON legal service. Your case will be handled by an expert lawyer and – thanks to your UNISON membership […]
UNISON members can get free legal advice and assistance with work-related issues through our legal assistance scheme.
A legal helpline is available for accredited UNISON stewards and lay officers who need urgent preliminary legal advice on employment matters. If the matter is not urgent, please contact your regional office as normal to get a referral for legal advice.
UNISON members can access free initial legal advice on non-work related issues, along with support for members and their family members for personal injury cases outside work, a free wills service, low-cost conveyancing and help with immigration issues.