15 – 16 April 2016
UNISON, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
The seminar is open to all UNISON members working in colleges and is an opportunity to meet other UNISON members in FE and discuss the issues of the day.
UNISON’s annual further education seminar is open to all UNISON members working in colleges.
We hope the final programme will include the following speakers:
- Iain Wright MP
- Shakira Martin, NUS FE vice-president, @shakirasweet1 – #FEunplugged campaign
- James Kewin, Sixth Form Colleges Association – Area reviews and sixth form colleges
- Selina Scott, Education and Training Foundation – Prevent duty
- Valery Alzaga and Monica Hirst, UNISON’s strategic organising unit
- Narmi Thiranagama, UNISON policy officer – UNISON and the Trade Union Bill
- Carola Towle, UNISON LGBT equality officer – LGBT issues of the day.
- John Gallacher, UNISON Scottish region – Restructuring in further education in Scotland and the new national bargaining agreement.
Full details for the seminar can be downloaded at the bottom of this page
Register before 8 April by contacting your UNISON branch secretary, as the branch pays your costs (including travel and accommodation). Once the branch registers you on our online conference system they will email you a link to complete your details.
If you don’t know who your branch secretary is call our helpline: 0800 0 857 857.