UNISON’s financial wellbeing week is offering four days packed with webinars and workshops from 27-30 November.
The week aims to help UNISON members to develop skills in financial planning, how to manage money and how to battle debt pressures.
There are still places at two events:
- ‘Making the most of your membership’, for members and non-members. (Monday 27 November, 12-1pm)
- ‘Credit, borrowing and debt’, for UNISON members only (Wednesday 29 November, 12-1pm)
See below for details of each session and when it will be running. All sessions will be delivered online via MS Teams or Zoom.
Making the most of your membership – for UNISON members and non-members
Monday 27 November 2023, 12 noon-1pm
UNISON membership offers a wide range of benefits and support on top of work-related matters that are trade unions’ bread and butter. This webinar delves into the different ways UNISON membership can help you secure deals on shopping, holidays and much more and how to apply for financial assistance and support from UNISON’s charity.
The webinar is open for everyone, both members and potential members, and covers the following:
- UNISON Living and member benefit offers
- There for You charity
- Free learning with UNISON College
- UNISON campaigning on cost of living policies.
This webinar is delivered on Teams, and it will be recorded.
Credit, borrowing and debt – For UNISON members only
Wednesday 29 November 2023, 12 noon-1pm
With a seemingly endless array of credit products on offer, it can be difficult to understand how to make the best choices. This one-hour webinar will give you the information you need to ask the right questions before taking out credit. It will also share tips for improving/building your credit rating. Information on how to access support for debt will also be given.
This session is delivered by The Money Charity on Zoom and includes their Money Manual for attendees.
The session covers:
- The cost of living crisis
- Different options for borrowing
- How to compare credit products and the importance of credit scores
- Managing debt and accessing support
- Introduction to organisations offering free, creditable support and information.