7 April 2017 11:30am–6:00pm
UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY
The CODP is marking the move to full allied health professional status for operating department practitioners with a professional symposium.
The confirmed programme includes:
- Welcoming ODPs to the AHP Family – Suzanne Rastrick, chief allied health professions officer, NHS England;
- Medicines update – Work stream to include ODPs on the list of professionals able to work under patient group directives – Shelagh Morris OBE, deputy chief allied health professions officer, NHS England, and Hannah Abbott, CODP president elect;
- Patient Safety Agenda Update – Joan Russell, head of patient safety, clinical engagement, NHS Improvement, and Bill Kilvington, outgoing CODP president;
- HCPC Update – Elaine Buckley, chair of the council, HCPC;
- Launch of the revised BSc curriculum in operating department practice – Mike Donnellon, chair of the Education Standards Committee;
- Investitute of Hannah Abbott as the seventh president of the College of Operating Department Practitioners.
The formal programme will be followed by a wine reception where delegates can meet members of the professional council informally.
This part of the event has been generously sponsored by Anectic Aid and Intersurgical, long-time supporters of the college and the profession.
Places are strictly limited and the £25 delegate fee includes lunch and refreshments.