- 2012 National Retired Members Conference
- 19 June 2012
- Carried as Amended
It is becoming increasingly apparent that some Unison retired members in Branches and Regions are experiencing difficulties in communicating with colleagues as they are not computer literate or able to afford computers, or their health makes it difficult to use.
Therefore, this Unison National Retired Members Conference instructs the National Retired Members Committee and calls on the National Executive Council to:
1) be aware of this situation when communicating with retired members;
2. Ensure paper communication is continued for those retired members who do not have an email facility or cannot access one;
3. Encourage Branches and Regions to promote technology education and provide computers/printers/paper/cartridges for retired members;
4. To communicate progress on the availability of technology to all retired members on a regular basis.