9 December 2019 10:00am–3:45pm
UNISON Centre London
Do you work in social care? Would you like to meet people working in your sector? Discuss issues affecting your work? Get more support and training? Attend UNISON’s Care Seminar.
- When? Monday 9 December 2019
- Where? UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY
- Who? You’re eligible to attend if you are a UNISON member and you work in the care sector – this could be working for a council, charity, not for profit organisation, private company or if you deliver social care in a healthcare setting.
There will be a mix of exciting speakers and workshops to attend. Topics currently include:
- Pay and tax issues impacting care workers
- A career path and progression for the care sector
- Campaigning and organising for change, on the issues that impact you
- Dealing with violence at work
- How can we achieve safe staffing levels in care homes?
Throughout the day you will also find out about opportunities for more UNISON training and how you could benefit from getting more involved with our work.
Contact your branch to ask if you can attend. Forgotten their contact details? Use the branch finder:
Places are limited to 90 members from across the UK and we are keen to ensure a mix of people from various care settings attend. All travel, expenses, lunch and refreshments are paid for by your branch.
If you are a branch, you need to register a member that you would like to attend by completing the form below by Friday 1 November 2019. The cost of the seminar is £30 per person and travel is payable by branches too. Download the registration form: