Welcome to the CODP Education and Standards webpage. Located on this page are relevant downloadable resources relevant for both Higher Education Institution (HEI) and Clinical Placement staff. Also found on this page are details of forthcoming Clinical and University Educators (CUE) Forums.
Education and Standards Committee
- The purpose of the Education and Standards Committee is to:
- To identify and promote best practice for ODPs through education and the development of professional standards.
- To develop and review the undergraduate curriculum for ODPs in response to national initiatives.
- To undertake quality assurance process for educational provision including endorsement and subsequent monitoring of appropriate educational programmes.
- To represent the College at relevant external committees.
Membership of the committee reflects geographically the four Health Education England regions (London, Midland and East, North, South) together with one member representing the devolved nations. The committee meets three times per year with members also attending the CUE Forums.
Clinical and University Educators (CUE) Forums
The CUE Forms take place twice per year (July and December) with the venue rotating between those HEI’s that deliver Pre-Registration ODP programmes. The purpose of the CUE Forums is the sharing of ideas to solve common challenges encountered in the education of student ODPs. Topics explored in previous CUE Forums include recruitment, attrition, attendance management, mentorship workload and maximising placement opportunities. ODP academic staff have also presented their research projects at the CUE Form and it is an opportunity for students to present either their posters or their interest in a particular perioperative related topic.
CODP Endorsed BSc(Hons) in Operating Department Practice Programmes
The following HEI’s have their BSc(Hons) in Operating Department Practice Programmes endorsed by the College:
Canterbury Christchurch University
Sheffield Hallam University
University Campus Suffolk
Birmingham City University
University of Central Lancashire
Glasgow Caledonia University
University of Huddersfield
London South Bank University
Oxford Brookes University
University of Hull
Edge Hill University
University of Leicester