About this job
We currently have around 109,000 full members in over 80 branches. We are looking to appoint a team member to undertake a wide variety of clerical and administrative functions within the Membership Team.
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking day to day clerical duties in relation to the maintenance of the UNISON membership system including:-
- Assist with database cleansing of employer DOCAS listings against membership records
- Assist in logging telephone enquiries from the team line for follow up actions by other RMS staff
- Dealing with various queries from members
- The upkeep of our computerised membership system
- Checking, coding, inputting and amending
- Processing subscription payments
- Ensuring confidentiality of personal and other sensitive information
- Assisting with data entry of membership details
- Assisting with processing Branch Officer and Steward accreditations
Working as part of our Membership Team, experience of working with computer based systems required along with a good telephone manner, accuracy and working to deadlines. Training will be provided on our systems.
This role is a key position within the Regional Membership Team. You will have skills and experience that include:
- Working pro-actively using own initiative matching data records
- A very high standard of accuracy in recording information.
- A good telephone manner, demonstrating patience and understanding.
- The ability to motivate yourself and to work effectively with other staff as part of a team
- The ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to work with computer based records
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICT packages including Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the trade union movement and the values of UNISON would be an advantage
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the area and local organiser application form (under “Resources”).
Please note that ONLY the general application form will be accepted.
See job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please note that applications should be sent to H.Recruitment@unison.co.uk and not to the address previously advised. If you have already sent your application to us by post this will still be considered.
Completed applications must be received by Monday 13 April 2020.
Interview dates previous advertised are being postponed and successful candidates will be advised appropriately.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.