About this job
- Working with the Regional Secretary to plan and achieve UNISON’s Regional Plan and National Objectives
- Managing and developing multi-disciplinary teams to meet UNISON’s strategic objectives of growth and organising
- Plan activities across the region to ensure effective campaigning and delivery of key services to branches and members
- Representing UNISON’s aims and objectives to a range of organisations and individuals, employers, and the media.
- The Person
- Will demonstrate strong leadership skills obtained within a unionised environment which include the ability to manage
- Be able to inspire members, activists and teams of staff to pursue UNISON goals
- Have demonstrable financial management skills, including the ability to deliver programmes of activities to budget
- An able public speaker with strong oral and written communications skills
- Well developed negotiating skills
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the General application form (under “Resources”).
See job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please send 4 copies of completed application forms to Human Resources Department, UNISON, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY, quoting ref: R1/5
The closing date for applications is Thursday 14 November 2019 at 5.00pm.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 December 2019 at UNISON, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.