About this job
We are looking to appoint to the post of Assistant General Secretary (Regional Management and Governance). The post is one of five AGS’s and is a member of the General Secretariat, reporting to the General Secretary. The post is accountable to the appropriate NEC strategic committee(s) and will have responsibility for strategic management of the regions to ensure effective implementation of the union’s organising, campaign and policy objectives. The post holder will oversee governance to ensure partnership working with lay structures and be the voice of the region in the national leadership.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong strategic leadership
- Be able to campaign, negotiate and influence at the highest levels of policy
- Be an excellent communicator including the ability to manage high profile media campaigns and UNISON’s reputation
- Have a track record of successful partnership working with senior stakeholders within the union
- Have the ability to successfully lead and manage the high performance of multi disciplinary teams
- Possess sound strategic financial planning and budget management
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the General application form (under “Resources”).
See job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please send four copies of the completed application forms to Human Resources, UNISON, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY by no later than 5pm on Tuesday 28 May 2019 quoting ref: GS/8.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.