About this job
About this job
UNISON has a membership of 1.3 Million members and its membership system is accessed by 12 Regional Offices, National Office, UNISON Direct and over 500 Branches.
UNISON’s West Midlands Region covers Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Solihull.
We currently have around 109,000 full members in over 80 branches. We are looking to appoint a team member on a temporary contract to undertake a wide variety of clerical and administrative functions within the Membership Team.
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking day to day clerical duties in relation to the maintenance of the UNISON membership system including:-
- Dealing with all types of queries from members via telephone and written communications
- The upkeep of our computerised membership system
- Checking, coding, inputting and amending
- Producing regular reports
- Assessing basic IT needs and solutions
- First Line Support for membership application and simple technical issues
- processing subscription payments and calculation of refunds
- ensuring confidentiality of personal and other sensitive information
- assisting with data entry of membership details
- assisting with processing Branch Officer and Steward accreditations
Working as part of our Membership Team, experience of working with computer based systems required along with a good telephone manner, accuracy and working to deadlines. Training will be provided on our systems.
This role is a key position within the Regional Membership Team. You will have skills and experience that include:
- Working pro-actively using own initiative.
- A very high standard of accuracy in calculations and recording of information.
- A good telephone manner, demonstrating patience and understanding.
- the ability to motivate yourself and to work effectively with other staff as part of a team
- the ability to work to deadlines
- the ability to work with computer based and manual financial records
- good written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICT packages including Microsoft Office suite.
- knowledge of and commitment to the trade union movement and the values of UNISON would be an advantage
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the general application form and monitoring forms (under “Resources”) and see job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please note that only the General Application form will be accepted.
Please send 3 copies of the completed application form along with the recruitment and disability form to HR Administrator, UNISON, 24 Livery Street, Birmingham B3 2PA or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications must be received by no later than 5pm on Sunday 29 April 2018.
Interviews for this post will be held in Birmingham City Centre on 22 May 2018.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.