About this job
- Working with the Regional Secretary to plan and achieve UNISON’s Regional Plan and National Objectives
- Managing and developing multi-disciplinary teams to meet UNISON’s strategic objectives of growth and organising
- Plan activities across the region to ensure effective campaigning and delivery of key services to branches and members
- Representing UNISON’s aims and objectives to a range of organisations and individuals, employers, and the media.
- Will demonstrate strong leadership skills obtained within a unionised environment which include the ability to manage
- Be able to inspire members, activists and teams of staff to pursue UNISON goals
- Have demonstrable financial management skills, including the ability to deliver programmes of activities to budget
- An able public speaker with strong oral and written communications skills
- Well developed negotiating skills
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the General application form (under “Resources”).
Please note only the General application form will be accepted.
See job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please send four copies of completed application forms along with Recruitment and Disability monitoring forms to Human Resources, UNISON, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY.
The closing date for completed applications is 5pm on Tuesday 27 March 2018.
Interviews will be held on 23/24 April 2018.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.