General secretary tells Black members’ conference that UNISON has been warning of such a collapse for years
- 2 October 2017 5:30pm–8:30pm
- Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS
A SERTC Black History Month event celebrating the life of Jayaben Desai who fought for better pay, conditions and dignity for workers in 1976 and 1977, on behalf of 137 sacked and poorly paid Asian women.
- 15 May 2017 12:00pm–3:00pm
- UNISON, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY
- 14 September 2017 11:00am–4:00pm
- UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY
Annual meeting for all UNISON Black LGBT members National network meeting for UNISON Black LGBT members. All Black LGBT members welcome: free event with lunch provided. Travel costs met nationally. You don’t have to be out in your branch to attend. Meet other Black LGBT members, including the reps on the national LGBT committee. Find […]
- 4 August 2016 11:00am–1:30pm
- UNISON, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
- 9 July 2017 12:00pm–7:00pm
- London Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5HL
Carnival themed Big Picnic in the park family music festival, with a main stage, live music and entertainment UNISON LGBT will have a stall at the event, come along on the day and say hello. The main stage will promote political messages against the racism, sexism and homophobia which blight Black and LGBT peoples’ lives. […]
Speaking at the UNISON Black members conference in North Wales, UNISON General Secretary Dave Prentis said: “The first responsibility of any union wanting to challenge racism must be to take it on in the workplace. Then we have to challenge it in our economy. “In these tough times it’s more important than ever not to […]
Tackling racism is essential because it destroys trade union solidarity, divides us and sets us against each other.