1. All nominations and entries for the awards must be submitted using the official online entry form and be received by UNISON Communications. You do not need to be a UNISON member to nominate, however your nominee must be a UNISON member who is aware of your nomination and agrees to you nominating them for an award and understands they may be contacted by UNISON about this award.
2. The person completing the entry forms warrants that they are authorised to do so and agrees to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions.
3. If you are nominated and wish to be considered for an award, then you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entries must be from individuals and relate to a UNISON member. Where the membership status of the nominee is unknown by the nominator, UNISON reserves the right to remove the entry if and when a nominee is found not to be a UNISON member. For the sake of clarity, only UNISON members who are hold current valid membership shall be eligible to be entered as nominees into the UNISON One Team Awards.
5. Members nominated to receive an award must be 18 years old or over.
6. The closing date for entries to be submitted will be 16 January 2024.
7. There is no cost to nominate an individual for these awards.
Awards and Selection Criteria
8. Winners shall be selected based on several criteria, including but not limited to evidence of a nominee;
- a) Showing dedication to delivering and improving patient care, whether directly or indirectly.
- b) Working effectively as part of one NHS team and being supportive towards colleagues.
- c) Being a role model for the job they do – for example, offering guidance to new starters or demonstrating ideal standards of work.
- d) Supporting equality, diversity, and inclusivity.
9. Prizes are awarded as one prize per winner.
10. The decision of UNISON is final in terms of any award made. UNISON will not be obliged to justify their decision or enter into any correspondence about the awards.
11. Three (3) winners shall be selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, with each winner receiving a £500.00 shopping voucher. Prizes are non-transferrable, non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be available.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, acceptance of a prize shall constitute acceptance of, and an agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
13. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the Data Controller (registration number Z90055341) is UNISON of 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY. Personal Data may be processed by UNISON in its capacity as Data Controller and Data Processor (The terms Personal Data, Data Controller and Data Processor have the meaning as set out in the Act).
15. Unless you have chosen to receive other information from us, UNISON will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running and judging the Awards and may also contact you about any associated media coverage (including future promotion of the award), as well as invite you to associated events with the One Team Awards 2024 (see 17 below).
16. Nominators of shortlisted nominees, or the nominee themselves, for the award may be requested to supply additional material in support of their nomination if necessary. Any contact with nominators will be via the details they have given on the entry form, any contact with nominees will be via the details UNISON holds on UNISON’s membership database. Necessary entry details submitted will be passed onto UNISON’s appointed judges to enable them to carry out the awards process, and to select the winners of the awards. Should UNISON be unable to make contact with the nominees selected as winners (after all reasonable attempts) an alternative winner will be selected.
17. UNISON intend to publish the results of the One Team Awards. UNISON would like to acknowledge the winners and the work that they have done. UNISON shall not publish the personal information of any winner of the One Team Awards without discussing the proposed publication with that individual first, and without the express consent of that individual.
18. The organisers reserve the right not to make awards if the standard of entry does not warrant it.
Breach of Contract
19. UNISON reserves the right to reject any entry and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if UNISON has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and UNISON shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from UNISON exercising such rights.
20. UNISON reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend the One Team Awards in whole or in part in UNISON’s sole discretion.
21. UNISON shall not be liable for:
- entries, or communications which are lost, stolen damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner or entrant cannot be identified;
- loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the UNISON One Teamh Awards or your use of any prize; or
- any failure or delay beyond UNISON’s reasonable control.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit UNISON’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by UK law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.
Variation to Terms and Conditions
24. UNISON may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time but will notify you of material changes before these come into effect.
25. UNISON’s decision in all matters relating to the UNISON One Team Awards is final.
26. UNISON operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available at https://www.unison.org.uk/get-help/online-enquiries/.