The school clothing grant is now closed.
UNISON is offering financial support to cover the costs of school clothing to members who are experiencing financial difficulties, due to COVID-19, the cost of living crisis or other circumstances.
Grants of up to £70 per school-age child are available. Only one application can be accepted per household.
UNISON head of welfare Abi Coombs said: “We are acutely aware of the increased financial pressures our members are facing due the cost of living crisis. UNISON There for You are pleased to be launching this fund, offering eligible members grants of £70 per child to help towards the cost of school clothing.”
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following:
- You are a member for at least four weeks and have paid four weeks’ subscriptions before 24 June 2022;
- You are financially responsible for the child/children and receiving Child Benefit for them;
- You (and your partner if applicable) have savings/rolling bank balance(s) of no more than £1,000.
- Your household has a net income of less than £26,000 per annum, or
- You are in receipt of Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, or Tax Credit payments.
Further information and the application link is available on UNISON’s financial assistance page.