There are a lot of reasons to love trade unions. Heart unions week, which runs from 10-16 February, is a great chance to shout about them.
Here’s our favourite seven reasons why UNISON is so great and below we’ve got a whole other 10 reasons in a video for you to share. Even Keir Starmer gets in on the act (scroll to the end).
- You can trust UNISON to give you solid, reliable advice on your rights at work – whether it’s about pay, discrimination or you’re at risk of losing your job.
- UNISON runs (and wins) national campaigns to transform working conditions for some of the most hardworking people in the UK.
- UNISON’s award-winning legal team, who won one of the most significant employment law changes in history when they got the government to scrap employment tribunal fees.
- UNISON runs a free immigration advice helpline with Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) – so all members have free legal access to specialist advice on immigration.
- UNISON members get access to an exclusive range of member benefits, ranging from mortgage advice to breakdown cover.
- UNISON is the union for NHS workers, and has won huge changes in healthcare; most recently bringing outsourced workers at Imperial College Healthcare back under NHS management.
- We’re officially the most trusted union amongst Labour Party members.
Share the top 10 video below to spread the word on how great your union is:
And find out here why Keir Starmer, the Labour leadership candidate UNISON is backing, loves unions.
From the Wapping picket line to fighting the mine closures and supporting families affected by the P&O dispute, I’ve always been a proud trade unionist.
— Keir Starmer (@Keir_Starmer) February 10, 2020