Registration is now open for this year’s BAOT/UNISON national occupational therapy stewards’ training seminar, which takes place on 7-8 November at Aston University, Birmingham.
It will start at lunchtime on Wednesday and finish at 3.15pm the following day.
The annual seminar provides an opportunity for occupational therapy stewards from both health and local government to discuss key employment relations and professional issues.
Seminar sessions will focus on:
- the OT career development framework;
- young members;
- health and wellbeing for occupational therapy stewards;
- a guide to pension schemes;
- training on how to have difficult conversations.
More sessions are still to be added to the programme.
Applications are particularly welcome from new stewards, but please note that all BAOT/UNISON workplace representatives should complete the foundation course for new UNISON stewards – ideally before the seminar.
BAOT/UNISON stewards wanting to take part in the training seminar need to be nominated by their branches.
The cost of the venue and all materials will be met centrally. Branches are asked to cover the registration fee for each delegate’s accommodation, travel and food costs.
- Full fee (seminar, all meals and overnight accommodation on 7 November): £250.
- Day delegate fee (seminar only, including lunch): £60 per day.
- Extra accommodation on 6 November and/or 8 November: £88 per night.
Registration and sponsorship is via UNISON branches. Branches are asked to encourage their BAOT stewards to register their place by contacting email@example.com for further details. The deadline for registration is 12 October 2018.