- 2013 National Women's Conference
- 17 October 2012
In a number of work places gender specific illnesses/conditions are dealt with outside the absence/sickness policies. This type of forward thinking for conditions ie IVF, hysterectomy, gynaecological problems, to name but a few. These conditions mainly affect women and are in the one-off illnesses from which most women recover completely. It would therefore save time and be economic to deal with them separately.
This Conference instructs the National Women’s Committee to:
1) Request copies of policies that have agreements on gender specific illness/conditions
2) Compile advice for branches on how to attain this within their workplace
3) Ask LAOS to help regions and branches to improve negotiating skills
4) Report back to Conference in 2014.