- 2012 Health Care Service Group Conference
- 16 December 2011
- Carried as Amended
This conference is concerned that working conditions for health members are deteriorating and that the use of policies and procedures are being used to the particular detriment of disabled members, eroding both their opportunities for career progression at work and their general living standards.
Health employers appear to be failing to meet their employment responsibilities to disabled staff under the Equality Act 2010 especially in relation to the management of the Bradford Factor within the NHS regarding:
• Non-payment of enhanced payments
• Withholding progression payments
• Punitive responses to disability related work absence
• Negative handling of sickness absence
This conference calls upon the Health Service Group Executive to liaise with the National Disabled Members’ Committee to develop guidance to branches to organise around workplace inequality faced by our disabled members.