World Menopause Day is on Friday 18 October. UNISON’s equalities team has launched a campaign on the menopause.
The menopause is a workplace issue which means that it is a UNISON issue.
Menopausal symptoms can impact on women, trans and non-binary people experiencing the menopause
UNISON’s menopause campaign aims to help employers understand the effects of the menopause. While everyone experiences it differently, 45% of women say their symptoms have had a negative impact on their work.
UNISON calls for meaningful workplace support for anyone experiencing the menopause.
Actions for branches
- Familiarise yourself with the campaign
- Use the new menopause leaflet to talk to members and potential members
- Use our quiz to start conversations with members and potential members about how supportive their workplace is
- User the guidance and model policy to talk to employers Button. This guidance is full of information, including how to change policy and practice and what the law says. It has a checklist for branches and activists, a model workplace survey for staff and a menopause policy template
- Encourage NHS employers to involve Occupational Health Services in the development of a menopause policy