If you are a member and you are experiencing financial difficulties, whatever the circumstances, There for You can offer you support.
You may have financial problems for reasons including:
- relationship breakdown;
- loss of income;
- suffering from a long illness;
- needing to buy equipment because of a disability;
- caring for someone with special needs or an illness.
Grants and funding
There is no guarantee that we can offer you financial help, but thousands of members and their families do benefit from our support every year. For example, in 2012, There for You gave more than 4,000 grants to members totalling nearly £750,000.
For more information contact us on 020 7121 5620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your branch welfare officer.
UNISON There for You: School Uniform Grant 2017
If you have children in full time education, you may be eligible to receive a school uniform grant from UNISON’s charity There for You. To be considered, you must either be:
- In receipt of Housing Benefit; or
- Your net annual income is £18,000 or below [Note: We ignore the following income Child benefit, any childcare element included as part of your working tax credits, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment].
Also, you will need to have paid a minimum 4 weeks membership subscriptions before 22nd May 2017
To take advantage of this grant please complete the forms below and return to us with all the supporting documentation requested. We’ve also included a Q&A setting out the full conditions and eligibility criteria which should answer any questions that you have.
Please note the closing date is 21st July.