14 May 2023
A day to celebrate the operating department practitioner profession and for colleagues and the public to find out more about the ODP role.
The theme for National ODP Day 2023 is Advancing the Profession.
- National ODP Day is a great occasion where all operating department practitioners and student operating department practitioners can celebrate the vital role we play within healthcare.
- National ODP Day is also an opportunity for us to promote and raise awareness of our profession to both members of the public and other healthcare professionals.
- And it’s not just ODPs: we want everyone with an interest in the profession to join us in celebrating the day!
- With an increased understanding and recognition of what operating department practitioners do comes greater interest which can attract more people to the profession.
How to get involved
We’d love to share videos of ODPs explaining more about their role and talking about how you’ve advanced within your career, or how you’ve advanced the profession. Please share them on social media using the #ODPday hashtag so we can reshare!
You can also use our graphics in your posts:
We want to hear from ODPs in all settings, including:
- Operating departments
- A clinical role outside of the traditional operating department
- An advanced practice role e.g. an advanced clinical practitioner
- A leadership and management role either within or outside of operating departments
- An education role either within operating departments or within higher education
- A role within research
And don’t forget you can share the CODP Career Website to promote the role of the ODP and help inform those interested about how they can become an operating department practitioner.
We’re looking forward to celebrating ODP Day 2023 with you. Thank you – let’s get sharing!