Nearly half a million UNISON members work in the NHS and for organisations providing NHS services in all four countries of the UK.
This section is about the key issues affecting people employed by the NHS and organisations providing NHS services. Each key issue explains the facts behind the issue, what UNISON is doing and how you can get involved. You will also find news articles, useful resources and events.
We recognise and defend the rights of all workers in the health service. By working together within UNISON, health sector workers are better able to fight for change.
- Pay in the NHS
- Violence against staff in the NHS
- Sustainability and transformation plans
- Hospital parking – a charge too far
- NHS 70th anniversary
- Wholly owned subsidiaries in the NHS
- Stop the Health and Care Professions Council fees hike
- Fighting cuts and privatisation in the NHS