Nearly half a million UNISON members work in the NHS and for organisations providing NHS services in all four countries of the UK.
This section is about the key issues affecting people employed by the NHS and organisations providing NHS services. Each key issue explains the facts behind the issue, what UNISON is doing and how you can get involved. You will also find news articles, useful resources and events.
We recognise and defend the rights of all workers in the health service. By working together within UNISON, health sector workers are better able to fight for change.
- COVID-19 advice for health workers
- NHS Pay: UNISON says One Team2K
- Hospital parking – a charge too far
- Holiday Pay and Overtime Resources and FAQs
- Race for Equality
- Reducing violence in the NHS
- NHS People Plan: Make your voice heard
- Wholly owned subsidiaries in the NHS
- Apprentices in health – it doesn’t add up
- The hostile environment and the NHS
- Fighting cuts and privatisation in the NHS
- Better hospital food campaign
- Pay in the NHS
- Social media use advice for professional registrants
- We’ve stopped the Health and Care Professions Council 18% fees hike!