Nearly half a million UNISON members work in the NHS and for organisations providing NHS services in all four countries of the UK.
This section is about the key issues affecting people employed by the NHS and organisations providing NHS services. Each key issue explains the facts behind the issue, what UNISON is doing and how you can get involved. You will also find news articles, useful resources and events.
We recognise and defend the rights of all workers in the health service. By working together within UNISON, health sector workers are better able to fight for change.
- COVID-19 advice for health workers
- Pay in the NHS
- Violence against staff in the NHS
- NHS People Plan: Make your voice heard
- Hospital parking – a charge too far
- Wholly owned subsidiaries in the NHS
- We’ve stopped the Health and Care Professions Council 18% fees hike!
- Moving forward on NHS pay
- The hostile environment and the NHS
- Apprentices in health – it doesn’t add up
- Social media use advice for professional registrants
- Race for Equality
- Fighting cuts and privatisation in the NHS
- Better hospital food campaign