UNISON is the largest union in schools, representing over 250,000 members in support staff roles across the UK.
Our members work in a variety of roles, including:
- teaching and classroom assistants;
- school business managers;
- catering and cleaning staff;
- IT, HR and finance staff;
- librarians, technicians, caretakers, facilities and maintenance staff;
- secretaries and administrators; and
- early years and nursery staff.
UNISON represents staff across all types of schools and special units, including academies in England. We negotiate nationally, regionally and locally to improve pay, terms and conditions and job security for all school workers. UNISON representatives help to ensure a safe working environment.
UNISON campaigns to improve the professional status and recognition of schools support staff and provides training and briefings on a range of professional topics and skills.