We support voluntary flu vaccination programmes, especially where these are done in partnership.
We know people have genuine reasons why they don’t want to have the jab. We also know the positive role UNISON branch representatives have, as workplace leaders, in supporting flu campaigns, where these are voluntary for staff.
This year the flu campaign programme is being run by Public Health England (PHE) in close liaison with NHS England and uses positive messaging and leadership to increase voluntary uptake in health and social care settings.
Time to get your flu jab campaign resources are available on the PHE Campaign Resource Centre (CRC)
The resources are available to order or download from the PHE CRC. The campaign is available to all organisations to use and adapt to encourage the uptake of flu vaccinations by frontline health and social care staff – the resources available include:
- Social Care and community/mental health worker posters (three variations)
- NHS Trusts posters (6 posters – featuring a Doctor, Porter, Nurse, Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker and Paramedic) – also available in hard copy
- Leaflets for health and social care audiences
- Sticker artwork
- Social media toolkits including static and animated images for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- #Jabathon overlays to show support on social media
- Brand guidelines & artwork
- Communications toolkit (including FAQs, long and short copy)
- Email signatures
If you have examples of where this is being done in partnership with positive results, please let us know. If your employer is considering mandating the flu jab please let us know straight away firstname.lastname@example.org