About this job
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking day to day clerical duties in relation to the maintenance of the UNISON membership system including: –
- processing subscription payments and calculation of branch accounts
- ensuring confidentiality of personal and other sensitive information
- assisting with data entry of membership details
- assisting with processing Branch Officer and Steward accreditations.
you need to have: –
- the ability to motivate yourself and to work effectively with other staff as part of a team
- the ability to work to deadlines
- high standards of accuracy in calculations and recording information
- the ability to work with computer based and manual financial records
- good written and verbal communication skills
- knowledge of and commitment to the trade union movement and the values of UNISON
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the General application form and see job description and person specification under “Documents”.
Please note that only the general application form will be accepted.
Please send a copy of the completed application form along with Recruitment and Disability monitoring form by email to Yfirstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: R13/71.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 17th June at 5pm.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place in Leeds on Thursday 1st July.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.