About this job
One of three Regional Managers working with the Regional Secretary as part of the Regional Management Team, we are looking for a committed and dynamic individual who is ready to manage changes enabling UNISON to continue to develop and grow. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Regional Secretary to plan and achieve UNISON’s Regional Plan and National Objectives
- Managing and developing multi-disciplinary teams to meet UNISON’s strategic objectives of growth and organising
- Plan activities across the region to ensure effective campaigning and delivery of key services to branches and members
- Representing UNISON’s aims and objectives to a range of organisations and individuals, employers, and the media.
- Will demonstrate strong leadership skills obtained within a unionised environment which include the ability to manage
- Be able to inspire members, activists and teams of staff to pursue UNISON goals
- Have demonstrable financial management skills, including the ability to deliver programmes of activities to budget
- An able public speaker with strong oral and written communications skills
- Well developed negotiating skills
While Regional Managers are required to be able to undertake all aspects of the role, the initial work allocation will involve managing our Corporate Services function and leading work on the accommodation review currently in progress. The post holder will operate out of our Brighton office, but will also need to be able to work from the Region’s other 4 offices as required.
A full Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
How to apply
Please send 4 copies of the completed application form available below along with Recruitment and Disability monitoring form quoting ref R9/4 to:
Human Resources Department, UNISON, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
Please note only the General application form will be accepted.
The closing date for completed applications is 5pm on 27 January 2020.
Interviews will be held in London on 18-19 February 2020.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.