About this job
The post will be based at the Regional Office in Leeds. The tasks will include:
- full use of UNISON’s IT applications
- assisting with general office and clerical duties
- providing administrative support for meetings to the team and individual members of staff
- assisting in providing basic advice and assistance on UNISON services and activities
- assisting with the maintenance of UNISON’s membership and CASE management records
- participating occasionally in the recruitment and retention of UNISON members
The person: you need to have:-
- the ability to provide comprehensive support at all levels
- the ability to touch type at speed (50 wpm or above) with precision and accuracy
- the ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- the ability to draft correspondence and other documentation including agendas and minutes and to be able to take detailed notes at meetings/investigations
- the ability to work on own initiative and as a team member providing support to the team as and when necessary
- knowledge of and commitment to the trade union movement and the values of UNISON
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download an application form from the Resources section below and see the job description and person specification under Documents.
Please send completed application forms by 23 September at 5pm to Y&H.email@example.com or via post to Joanne Turnbull, UNISON, Yorkshire & Humberside Regional Office, Commerce House, Wade Lane, Leeds LS2 8NJ.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.