About this job
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to organising staff and branches
- Working quickly and accurately while under pressure
- Preparing correspondence, reports, newsletters, organising meetings, travel, accommodation, etc
- Maintaining diaries and processing mail
You must have:
- Accurate keyboard skills with a minimum of 50 wpm
- IT proficiency in Word and Excel (Publisher and PowerPoint desirable)
- Good communication and organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise work, be flexible and operate well in a team
- Ability to operate office machinery (photocopier, printer, franker, enveloping machine etc)
Applicants should have good oral and written communications skills, work in a team setting, knowledge of administrative systems and equipment and be familiar with IT systems.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the general application form (under “Resources”) only this form will be accepted
See Job Description and person specification (under “Documents”)
Please send three copies of completed application forms along with Recruitment and Disability monitoring forms to Mike Kirby, Scottish Secretary, UNISON House, 14 West Campbell Street, Glasgow G2 6RX quoting ref: R7/65.
Completed application forms to be received by 12 noon Tuesday 13 August 2019.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 21 August 2019.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.