About this job
The West Midlands Region has a working membership of approximately 120,000 people 75 members of staff, 84 branches and more than 2,000 lay activists.
The Central Services Manager is a senior manager of the region, is a member of the Regional Management Team (RMT) and manages a team (or teams) of staff. The Central Services Manager is the key manager of regional support staff and:
- supports the Regional Secretary in the development of regional strategy and planning to achieve UNISON’s internal objectives and priorities. He/she supports the development of the region’s strategic and operational plan, and undertakes the operational management of its implementation .
- manages, supports and mentors support staff and supervisors in their leadership role.
- co-ordinates functions and activities across the UNISON region to ensure effective and efficient delivery of key services to staff and activists.
- prepares budgets and provides financial management
- develops effective mechanisms for developing staff and involving them in decision making, shares good management practice
- Is the designated manager for staff health and safety and environment issues
- Manages building and IT services, finance functions, internal information systems, membership records, administrative systems and personnel administration.
You will have skills and experience that include:
- strategic and operational management and planning,
- experience of complex problem solving
- a track record of using initiative and independence over a broad area of activity.
- highly developed interpersonal skills and experience of influencing people at all levels.
- managing and leading people,
- budget preparation and financial and general resource management.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential, as is the ability to organise your own workload. You will be an experienced team player who can work quickly and accurately to meet tight deadlines.
A sound understanding of trade unions and their objectives is essential along with a good understanding of UNISON’s policies and objectives.
How to apply
Please download and complete the general application form only and monitoring forms (under “Resources”) and see job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please send 4 copies of completed application forms to Human Resouces, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY by no later than 5 pm on Thursday 16 May 2019.
It is proposed to hold interviews on 30/31 May 2019.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.