About this job
The Regional Organiser (Education) is a key organising role in the region, with responsibility for improving our organisational strength through the delivery of a range of learning and education opportunities for members and branches as well as the core training programmes for our activists.
A powerful advocate of union organising and learner centred training and development you will:
- Provide leadership in the area of education and training to ensure that branches have the strongest possible workplace organisation.
- Support, guide and develop branches and activists through major periods of change in the delivery of public services.
- Build branch organisation and performance, identifying training and development needs of activists and providing ongoing support through coaching and mentoring of stewards and branch officers.
- Encourage employers to work with us on expanding access to learning for UNISON members.
- Manage a small team of area and/or local organisers or other staff.
You will have skills and experience that include:
- Demonstrable leadership and motivational skills.
- Design and delivery of education modules and the ability to develop new ways of delivering learning – e.g. web based or distance learning.
- A track record of using initiative and independence over a broad area of activity.
- Considerable knowledge of a union organising environment or similar.
- Ability to develop strategies, plans and solutions to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work on and manage projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and experience of influencing people at all levels.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the General application form (under “Resources”)
See the job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please note that ONLY the General application form will be accepted.
Please send four copies of completed application forms to Human Resources Department, UNISON, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
Closing date for applications is Monday 4 June 2018 at 5pm.
Interviews are scheduled for 27/28 June 2018.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.