About this job
UNISON Kent Branch is the largest branch in the South East with over 7,000 members.
They are seeking to recruit an administrator on a 24 month fixed term contract. The requirements of the role are:
- Ability to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support
- Proficient in using IT applications including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, accurate keyboard skills required.
- Experience and knowledge of using membership and other data base systems, ability to update, extract and present information from systems.
- Ability to draft correspondence, newsletters and other documentation. Experience of drafting agendas and recording and drafting minutes of meetings
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of individuals at all levels and using a range of methods including face to face, telephone and email. Including experience of dealing with angry or upset clients both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as a team member, providing support to the team as and when necessary
- Experience of general office administration, including postal, filing systems, stock ordering, phone and mailbox rota duties
- Experience and knowledge of finance and accounts systems and processes
- A knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and support for its objectives are desirable
Applicants applying for this post as a secondment opportunity must ensure they have confirmed arrangements and agreement from their employer.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please contact the branch office on 03000 421019 or email email@example.com for an application pack. Closing date is 12 noon on 23 April 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 27 April 2018 and invited to attend an interview on 17 May 2018 in Maidstone. Please note that if you do not hear form us you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
This vacancy is a branch post – it is not a UNISON employed post.