About this job
Are you ready to make a difference for the NHS and stand up for its senior managers as part of our friendly and highly motivated team of National Officers?
The National Officer for Yorkshire and North East is responsible for 850 members and 10 reps, working in 141 employers.
As MiP’s key leader in the region you will represent members individually and collectively; lead recruitment and organisation work; develop the union’s profile; and speak up for managers and the value of their role.
Advice and representation of individual members forms the lion’s share of the work. Other key features of the job are developing the union’s partnership working with employers and other stakeholders, especially UNISON branches, and being a self-starter who can manage demands and standards across wide-ranging responsibilities.
You will have skills and experience that include:
- Demonstrable leadership and motivational skills.
- A track record of using initiative and independence.
- Considerable knowledge of an industrial relations environment and a track record of high level negotiation and representation.
- Experience of advocacy in difficult situations.
- Ability to develop strategies, plans and solutions to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work on and manage projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and experience of influencing people at all levels.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of the trade union movement.
MiP’s national officers are employees of UNISON.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please download and complete the general application form and monitoring forms (under “Resources”) and see job description and person specification (under “Documents”).
Please note that only the General Application form will be accepted.
Please send 4 copies of the completed Application Form along with the Recruitment and Disability form to Human Resources Department, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY quoting the post ref: BNE/82.
Completed application forms must be received by no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 17 April 2018.
Interview Dates will be 30 April and 1 May 2018.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.