Celebrating support staff in further education
Champions in Our Colleges will take place on Friday 9 February 2024. The aim of the day is to celebrate support staff working in further education and give recognition to the hard work and dedication they show every day.
Ways to get involved
- Get active on social media, tag us in your photos on the day celebrating support staff using the hashtag #ChampionsInOurColleges
- ‘Nominate a Champion’ – prize draw is open now, link below
- Set up recruitment stalls in colleges
- Email your principal to get them involved
- Write to your local newspaper to let them know you’re celebrating support staff
- Hold a coffee/cake morning for support staff
- Hand out leaflets and print posters to put up in your colleges
- Running a stall at a college, e.g. booking a food van to give out hot food/drinks
- Organising a social media takeover
- Organising a free prize draw
Nominate a Champion (prize draw)
This prize draw gives you the opportunity to showcase the amazing contributions of support staff members working in further education.
Simply complete the online form using the button below, tell us who you are nominating and why you think they should win a prize. If your entry is chosen, both you and your nominee could win a £25 shopping gift card.
The prize draw is now closed, winners will be announced soon.
Check out the resources below to help you celebrate the day.
Find out more about two Activists Maxine Young, Tyne Coast College and Gavin Cartwright, South and City College Birmingham – who tell us more about their roles and why support staff are so vital in the education sector.